Bristlenose plec pipe obsession

BAINBRIDGE
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 59 times

Hi fishkeepers

My male BN plec, Eric, made the gap under the internal filter his home when I got him, he's 2 now. He's getting quite chunky and struggling to squeeze under, so I bought him one of those custom ceramic tubes, closed at one end. He literally won't leave it alone. If he isn't fully in it, he sticks his head in it with the rest of his body sticking out, partially coloured up to mimic the colour of the pipe. I gave him a slice of blanched courgette just before lights out, which he loves, and this morning it was untouched! This is the first time ever that he's ignored his courgette.

Will this obsession with his new pipe ever end?

Is he laying claim to it and waiting for a mate or something?
Juwel Trigon 190:

5 Bronze Cory
1 Panda Cory
1 male BN Plec
9 Tiger barbs

Quarantine tank:

6 Tiger Barbs
5 Golden Wonder Panchax
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 696 times
Been liked: 1686 times

BAINBRIDGE wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 22:07 pm Hi fishkeepers

My male BN plec, Eric, made the gap under the internal filter his home when I got him, he's 2 now. He's getting quite chunky and struggling to squeeze under, so I bought him one of those custom ceramic tubes, closed at one end. He literally won't leave it alone. If he isn't fully in it, he sticks his head in it with the rest of his body sticking out, partially coloured up to mimic the colour of the pipe. I gave him a slice of blanched courgette just before lights out, which he loves, and this morning it was untouched! This is the first time ever that he's ignored his courgette.

Will this obsession with his new pipe ever end?

Is he laying claim to it and waiting for a mate or something?
He's hoping to get lucky.
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
black ghost
Posting Legend
Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 1391 times

You’ve given him somewhere nice to bring his dates home to.
I don't keep fish, I keep water. Water keeps fish.