Surprise addition

puffin
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time

Hi-

I have a simple and well-established Biorb with a Black Balloon Molly, a Black Berlin Swordtail and a Shpitz Platy.

Couple of months ago we saw this little addition swimming at the bottom, and it has thrived ever since. I've waited a couple of months to take the photo as a] it was moving too quick to get a non-blurry shot, and b] it was a sufficient size to see the detail.

It doesn't immediately resemble any of the three species in the tank (although closest to swordtail) so from where has it come ? We did have two swordtail but one died a while ago. Is it a swordtail fry, but if so, why only one ?

The only other possibility (however unlikely maybe) is that it was introduced inadvertently by a couple of live plants I bought from my local fish stockist ?

Thanks for any thoughts and its ID.

fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1789 times
Been liked: 4222 times

Endler guppy. Might of come with some plants or with the other fish and gone unoticed.

by the way, that striped plant isn't aquatic ( Dracenia of some sort ) and will rot in the water. Take it out and plant it in some compost and keep it well watered :)
puffin
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time

Thanks for the quick reply. All noted.
The plant was actually from my LFS but it now sits proudly in a small pot indoors.