An alternative to a CO2 system?

The science behind successful fishkeeping.
Mito
Has liked: 347 times
Been liked: 190 times

As an impoverished aquarium owner I keep looking at CO2 systems but are too expensive and certainly impossible to justify to SWMBO. I was wondering if an air pump could supply sufficient CO2 into the water to make a difference or would the rate of flow of air be too great and cause too much water turbulence? This at the moment a brain exercise without any investigation. Has anyone else had similar ideas or just thrown them out as idiot thoughts?
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1789 times
Been liked: 4222 times

liquid co2 can be used as a co2 alternative ( even though its not technically a source of co2 ) and does help plant growth and helps to reduce algae at the same time.
mikeyboy123
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 46 times

What plants are you wanting to grow?
Lo1
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 223 times

:swim: :swim2: :swim:

NACD OptiWhite Aquarium 140l,
F Zone Stainless Steel 15l filter,
Eheim powerLED+ fresh daylight,
Eheim powerLED+ fresh plants,
AI Nero 3 Powerhead,
Twinstar Nano Sterilizer,
Co2 Art PRO-SE.
Mito
Has liked: 347 times
Been liked: 190 times

Thanks for the replies. The main reason for the question was for opinions. It's doubtful I'll ever use a CO2 system as I don't have much time for the tanks as my wife is disabled and not able to do much so most of my time is taken up with her. Consequently I have quite a lot of time to think and I come up with a lot of crazy ideas and always wonder if they are workable! I'll watch the videos later this evening and see if they could be workable for me.