Leopard gecko. Anyone keep them?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Forum suggestion always welcome. All things non-fishy related.
Andys temperate tank
Tank of the Year Winner 2020-21
Tank of the Year Winner 2020-21
Has liked: 4378 times
Been liked: 2896 times

Our Jacob wants a leapard gecko for his birthday. I've been doing some research, they seem quite straight forward to look after.

Does anyone keep them? Any advice is always appreciated.

Cheers.
64l kitchen tank: 16 golden tetra.
5ft 425L: 3 blue angel fish, 30 rummie nose tetra, 20 black neon tetra, 1 longfin bristlenose plec, 2 corydoras sterbai, 24 corydoras duplicareas,2 SAE.
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1789 times
Been liked: 4225 times

I did look at one a fair few years ago but changed my mind very quickly lol. Live bugs made it a no go and there a bit boring.
TheNotoriousDub_
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 8 times

[quote="Andys temperate tank" post_id=132291 time=1703431702 user_id=1098]
Our Jacob wants a leapard gecko for his birthday. I've been doing some research, they seem quite straight forward to look after.

Does anyone keep them? Any advice is always appreciated.

Cheers.
[/quote]

I kept leopard geckos years ago. I had a high yellow, blizzard and super hypo morph which were my main 3 but I'd have a few different females in there to breed different morphs now and again. They're awesome for kids, low maintenance and you can just feed them small locusts and wax worms instead of mealworms and crickets which can nibble their toes off! You literally just need a nice vivarium setup, heat pad and a red uv spotlight. They're usually nocturnal but mine were active during the late afternoon from about 3pm until about 7am. I'm a newbie and a nobody in the fish community but I know a good thing about reptiles 😅 I say get your lad one.