Tiny little worms

Just started on your fishy adventures, ask for help in here.
Fish
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 9 times

Spotted 2 tiny white worms now, and some tiny white spots that are darting around (definitely alive). Did they come on a plant, and are they good or bad?

Sorry for posting again 😕
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1792 times
Been liked: 4246 times

Could be detritus worms which won't hurt, infact will become food once the tank is stocked with fish :)
Fish

fr499y wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 20:37 pm Could be detritus worms which won't hurt, infact will become food once the tank is stocked with fish :)
Oh, well that’s good I guess! I tried to get a better photo as I found one hanging out on the glass, presume it’s eating the algae (I haven’t really been cleaning anything, thought I should leave it until cycle finished!) and then spotted this little guy bottom right, very quickly swimming (jerking?!) upwards. Now looking closely there’s lots of minute white things.

When I cleaned up the anubias the other day I knocked the filter and stupidly lifted it too high, which dumped a load of muck out and is now sitting on the sand - I don’t know if I should siphon it out, but if I do I’ll have to add more water and worried it might mess up the cycle 🤔 Not sure if that’s why these living things have appeared or from the last plant I bought.
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4261 times
Been liked: 3920 times

Free food! :grin:
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1792 times
Been liked: 4246 times

The one at the bottom is brine shrimp (sometimes known as fairy shrimp) also harmless and free food 😁
Fish

fr499y wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:35 am The one at the bottom is brine shrimp (sometimes known as fairy shrimp) also harmless and free food 😁
Wish I had a powerful microscope so I could look at them all 😁