Stocking Order Question

Just started on your fishy adventures, ask for help in here.
LSRNSNO

Martinspuddle wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:48 am Is this aquarium of yours planted?

fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1789 times
Been liked: 4222 times

Martinspuddle wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:48 am Is this aquarium of yours planted?
First post he says its heavily planted :upsidesmile: ;)
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4253 times
Been liked: 3917 times

fr499y wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:43 am
I've slept since then ...not what I call heavily planted either. :dodgy2:

Looking good. I'm curious, the Juwel Bio filters are very good performers, so why do you have a seconded internal filter running on your tank?

If you want your Hygrophila polysperma to thicken, then you need to snip of the tops around half way and then simply replant the cuttings. :]
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
LSRNSNO

Martinspuddle wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:55 am
fr499y wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:43 am
I've slept since then ...not what I call heavily planted either. :dodgy2:

Looking good. I'm curious, the Juwel Bio filters are very good performers, so why do you have a seconded internal filter running on your tank?

If you want your Hygrophila polysperma to thicken, then you need to snip of the tops around half way and then simply replant the cuttings. :]

Originally i was gifted a 125 litre tank from a family friend. I bought this with intention to use itnin the 125L. After setting it up there was sadly a leak from a part of the silicon. As such i decided I might as well go big or go home, so i bought the new 180. Since i already had the shark pro, i figured it was pointless not using it... bit more water disturbance and more filtration cant do no harm :)

Thanks for the advice on the polysperma, i may well do that as one of the stems on the subtate is beginning to bend a little and im praying it wont snap. Ill take some cutting and space them out :)
Lo1
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 223 times

LSRNSNO wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:41 am
Lo1 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:01 am You have not said what filters you are using?

When ever I add new fish/shrimp I add Seachem Prime and Stability each day for seven days.

You do not have enough beneficial bacteria to convert ammonia through the nitrification cycle, excess amounts of ammonia will cause algae blooms.

The combination of Seachem Prime and Stability each day for seven days will help greatly with this.
Apologies! Im using a shark sicce pro 700 filter and a juwel bioflow m filter .

I've been allowing approx 8hrs daily of tank light to help plant growth, on top of fertiliser and root tabs. The water is still clear, the algae is only on dthe driftwood, a small amount of some plants and a tiny bit of substrate :)
One filter is 600l/h and the other is 700l/h, I personally would consider putting an external filter on 180l.
:swim: :swim2: :swim:

NACD OptiWhite Aquarium 140l,
F Zone Stainless Steel 15l filter,
Eheim powerLED+ fresh daylight,
Eheim powerLED+ fresh plants,
AI Nero 3 Powerhead,
Twinstar Nano Sterilizer,
Co2 Art PRO-SE.
LSRNSNO

Lo1 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 17:05 pm
LSRNSNO wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:41 am
Lo1 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:01 am You have not said what filters you are using?

When ever I add new fish/shrimp I add Seachem Prime and Stability each day for seven days.

You do not have enough beneficial bacteria to convert ammonia through the nitrification cycle, excess amounts of ammonia will cause algae blooms.

The combination of Seachem Prime and Stability each day for seven days will help greatly with this.
Apologies! Im using a shark sicce pro 700 filter and a juwel bioflow m filter .

I've been allowing approx 8hrs daily of tank light to help plant growth, on top of fertiliser and root tabs. The water is still clear, the algae is only on dthe driftwood, a small amount of some plants and a tiny bit of substrate :)
One filter is 600l/h and the other is 700l/h, I personally would consider putting an external filter on 180l.
I had originally looked into this for the 125L before the 180L, as well as HOB filters. In the end i decided against externals while A) im coming back to the hobby after a number of years so consider myself brand new at it and B) am worried about the potential leaks that may occur over time from when other people have mentioned due to wear and tear and what not. As my tank is on a carpeted floor. Therefore i thought it better to use an internal. They aren't an eye sore for me and i wasnt a fan of the bioflow having a harsher current. As such i put a pre filter sponge on that to dampen the speed a little, and alternate between the spray bar and the venturi of the sicce :)