VikingMummy combined tank logs

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Mossyboy
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 92 times

Lovely VM the WCMM's look in really good condition.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5051 times
Been liked: 3423 times

They are looking good. :)
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
LottieWills
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Looking really nice :)
60L planted tank with platies, endlers, nerites and plenty of shrimp.
Suse
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 440 times

Looking great! Bet they are loving the live plants.
240 litre Fluval Roma - South American theme
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 856 times
Been liked: 1824 times

Thanks everyone. It's nice to see a more natural tank each day! The gH seems to be behaving as expected too so we're now at 7dgH. One more increase to a definite 8 and we'll be all set. The girls will have birthday money these next couple of months to spend on fish if they like.

Down to 12 chili's in the tank. Saw one last night lurking at substrate level, pale and gasping. Sadly floating this morning. The ones I can find (damn that flourishing Amazon sword!) look good.

I had a good friend visiting today. She lives 2.5 hours away so we've actually not seen each other in about 18 months. But she made it up and admired the tank. They have what sounds like a Fluval of maybe 60L. Bad design as they've had a few jumpers! What amazed me was that she couldn't say exactly what fish they had. With prompting she could say Harleys and a couple of Otto....baffles me that someone can keep a pet but not know what kind it is (wouldn't happen with a dog!).
240L Fluval Roma with Oase 600 Biomaster: 1 German red bristlenose, 4 male cherry barbs, 6 standard rummynose, 3 golden rummynose tetra, 9 emperor tetra, 14 cardinal tetra, 2 hengeli rasbora, 3 nerite snails, 1 adult Sulawesi snail and multiple juveniles continually appearing.

Parameters: gH2, kH1, pH7.4 (tap).
Fish fiend since October 2017.
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 856 times
Been liked: 1824 times

Hello!
Been a few weeks but I'm back. Sadly only the minnow tank remains but the 240L and all occupants went to a local fish keeper as a complete set-up. He's experienced and made the whole thing go a little less painfully. He even messaged the next few days to let me know they were OK and sent a photo. He'll also do me a good deal if I'm ever in a situation to set up again.
Sadly that won't happen for now. I've moved me and my boy into a 2 bedroom council flat (3 weeks from applying to getting the keys so can't complain!). We've been here 2 weeks now and starting to feel a bit more like home. But no space for a large tank and couldn't afford to run it anyway as I'm on Universal Credit with a pre-pay meter! However, the minnows all survived the move and I'm arguing with the girls over whether to get endlers or guppies to join them! The girls can't stay over as much (we're sharing a bedroom) but we're in the same town now so they come after school 3 days a week.
The move was a bit scary as I stupidly moved all the nets into the new place before the tank (I was doing a car load here and there, with toddler underfoot as it was his nursery half term!). But I jugged 3 of them and #4 just had to stay in the tank in an inch or so of water. I managed to transfer around 20L of their own water with us so that helped. Water here is virtually identical so all has gone well and we're now totally switched over to local supply. Bonus is that it's a combi boiler so no more boiling kettles to warm the buckets to the right temperature!
Still hardening the water to 8gH for whatever species we go for in the end. Might look this weekend at the garden centre.
So; still here, still fish keeping!
240L Fluval Roma with Oase 600 Biomaster: 1 German red bristlenose, 4 male cherry barbs, 6 standard rummynose, 3 golden rummynose tetra, 9 emperor tetra, 14 cardinal tetra, 2 hengeli rasbora, 3 nerite snails, 1 adult Sulawesi snail and multiple juveniles continually appearing.

Parameters: gH2, kH1, pH7.4 (tap).
Fish fiend since October 2017.
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5443 times
Been liked: 2668 times

Glad to hear your ok VM, i was wondering if you were ok the other day strangely enough :)
Also glad the fish are ok and you found a home for the big tank. I had to look up the universal credit thing, as soon as i seen my brain just went “oohh! That load of ......” :D
Anyway glad to see you back :)
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5051 times
Been liked: 3423 times

Glad to hear you're getting sorted, and that the fish are ok. ;) :D
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
LottieWills
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Nice to hear from you VM! Been wondering how you’ve been getting on.

Hope you settle in to your new place - glad they council came up trumps and got you somewhere quickly.

Take care x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60L planted tank with platies, endlers, nerites and plenty of shrimp.
wingnut55
Tank of the Year 2022
Tank of the Year 2022
Has liked: 302 times
Been liked: 385 times

Good to see you on here again Stacey, you have been missed. Glad you are starting to get settled again. Sad about the tank that had to go though. :(  

Ian.
Juwel Rio 450 LED

Tank 80% stocked  :)