Wiggles tank

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Wiggles
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 209 times

Going to collect the tank tonight, unfortunately it's in a first floor flat so I'm sure it will be great fun to carry down loads of stairs 🤦

Going in the garage for now as I'm going away this weekend and hopefully the fish will move house on Monday
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1790 times
Been liked: 4233 times

good luck!
Annie
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 151 times

Tip toe 😳 good luck !
Wiggles

Got to to take it apart first as well as the guy wants me to see it all together first so I know how it all goes back together, which is fair enough I suppose.

Been looking at aqadvisor now that I've got it to work again and it gives my stock in the 120l tank as about 81% but the same fish in a 340L tank (not including the aumo, which I guess is best way to do it?) And it gives about 62%. Not sure how the algorithm works but seems strange to only drop 20% with nearly triple the water volume 🤔
Wiggles

Well it's in my garage, took an hour to get it in the van! Was a nightmare, stairs and about 4 doors and long corridor's....

The main tank weighs a LOT and had to disassemble the base unit to get the sump out because it was so heavy
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5068 times
Been liked: 3427 times

Sounds like no mean feat to get that to yours.
Look forward to updates. :)

The algorithm probably does take area dimensions into account, rather than just volume. ;)
Wiggles

Yeah going to take some serious planning to get it in to place was planning on doing the swap in one day so don't have both tanks in the house together as not really enough room but not sure that's going to be possible as it will be time consuming to just move it in let alone get it filled up, planted etc

Unless I just out the substrate and fish in then sort out the plants etc at a later date.
mikeyw64
Posting Legend
Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 1275 times

at the end of the day both Aqadvisor & the other one I use (COmmunity Creator) are guides rather than hard & fast rules (well that's my opinion anyways) . The main factor IMHO is how well your setup copes with the actual bioload once you're up and running and how you react to parameter changes.

You might get 2 people with identically sized tanks and same stocking and same feeding pattern but running different filter setups and having different starting water parameters but one may possibly constantly be struggling with the cycle and need to cut back on the stoicking whilst the other person may get away with adding more (which is probably why the general advice of aiming for 85% to allow wiggle room when planning)
Wiggles

Yeah, my current tank gets a water change every week but I could easily leave it more as the nitrates are never very high after a week, because the filter is on the bigger side for the size of the tank. This one will have a 160L sump so I can fit loads and loads of media in there so should cope with a large bioload in theory.

So I think as long as I don't add any fish that are too big for the tank as it's only 3ft it should cope well with more of the smaller fish I already have.

Probably add a BN plec and maybe something else down the line but probably just up the numbers of the ones I have mostly.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5068 times
Been liked: 3427 times

It may be a note for you that water changes aren't just for nitrates, also hormones, oxygen, carbonates......and trace stuff...... ;) :)