Juwel LED lighting replacement

Aquarium Decor, DIY and Equipment.
Misty
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 16 times

I have Juwel LED lights that came with my tank: one Day and one Nature bulb/tube. I was thinking of replacing a Day one as I found it to be too bright. Has anyone experimented with the Juwel light system (or a similar)?
Here is the link to Juwel bulb colour range, if it's of any help: https://www.juwel-aquarium.co.uk/Produc ... LED-Tubes/
there are only descriptions so it's hard to judge what it actually gonna look like.

P.S. I have plants (low tech, goldfish proof ones) so would need to take them into account :-/
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5072 times
Been liked: 3429 times

Which way round have you got the tubes?
When I had T8s I had the Day at the back, but they obviously weren't LEDs.
Misty

I have the Day one in front actually. I'll swap them around.
I was also wondering whether changing the light spectrum will affect the colour of my fish in any way (since fancy goldfish are selectively bred their colours are unstable).
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5072 times
Been liked: 3429 times

I can't answer that question - it's a good one though......
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1792 times
Been liked: 4245 times

Yes @Misty

messing with colour spectrum certainly does change the way fish ( and plants ) look.
Red/orange/yellow fish will look brighter under a lower kelvin light ( 4500k light will bring out the reds no end )
Blue/green/white fish will look brighter under higher kelvin light ( 7500k - 10000k will really make the blue pop )

For plants, they look more natural under 5200 - 7500k light.

Stick a day white at back, and a colour at the front for the best look
Misty

Thanks! I've swapped the Day and Nature around (Day at the back,Nature at the front), haven't noticed the difference :(
I was also wondering whether too much of a bright light makes my goldfish lose their black pigmentation (I know it also depends on the genetics and nutrition, but I've read that the light should be as close to natural as possible to help retain black)