Stevie glasgow new addition

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Stevieglasgow
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 249 times
Been liked: 127 times

SxAqua wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:49 am Wow Stevie ! Late comer to the thread, but glad Im glad I came across it.

The Chilid tank blew me away. I couldnt visualise it with just the rock in. But as soon as it was planted I thought Wow ! Then I got to page 7 and was like, holy cow 😁. Great job, really ! Really like the new set up too, very intreagued !

Just a few questions. I noticed your base in the cave tank is quite a bit deeper than the latest one. Is that an illusion or is it something your not too bothered about? What did you use in the cave tank for the base ? And did I read you have a c02 setup?
Thanks very much mate the substrate in the cave tank is black flourite sand, I swear by it and it lasts forever ( so it says anyway ) my new set up behind the the rocks is built up high with black flourite substrate but you cant see that, the substrate at the front is just normal stuff that came with the tank but I really liked the look of it and wanted to use it and for it to be different from the other, I did put a couple of staurogene repens in the front substrate just to see if it would grow ( I just like doing some experiments with plants) but its growing no problem because of the ferts probably and the co2, I have to say thou I do think the plants would grow without the co2 just alot slower, I like my tanks to grow fast especially new set ups, that's why I use co2 mate.
Stevie
Stevieglasgow
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

My first ever BN pleco i got it for free after a tank breakdown off gumtree, seems like a good addition for the new tank.
Stevie.

Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5450 times
Been liked: 2669 times

A spikey male :D
Si4geckos
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 439 times
Been liked: 845 times

Tank looks really good. I'm hoping for a similar roots coming down style look for my big tank once some new wood sinks. What type of rock did you use in the early tank/ original post? And where's a good place to find it?
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

Nice mature boy you've picked up there. Enjoy your new addition :)
Stevieglasgow
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Si4geckos wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 23:05 pm Tank looks really good. I'm hoping for a similar roots coming down style look for my big tank once some new wood sinks. What type of rock did you use in the early tank/ original post? And where's a good place to find it?
Thanks mate the rocks are from loch lomand just laying around, I dont know what type they are mate theres millions of them scattered all in the bays, am spoilt that way mate, even when am out with the kids doing forest walks and just being in the countryside I will pick rocks up if they look interesting for an aquarium, rivers and lakes are a good place to start mate if there are places like that near you, I only went looking for my own rocks after watching MD fishtanks really early videos, that's what he used to do.
Stevie
Si4geckos
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 439 times
Been liked: 845 times

Stevieglasgow wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 12:17 pm
Si4geckos wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 23:05 pm Tank looks really good. I'm hoping for a similar roots coming down style look for my big tank once some new wood sinks. What type of rock did you use in the early tank/ original post? And where's a good place to find it?
Thanks mate the rocks are from loch lomand just laying around, I dont know what type they are mate theres millions of them scattered all in the bays, am spoilt that way mate, even when am out with the kids doing forest walks and just being in the countryside I will pick rocks up if they look interesting for an aquarium, rivers and lakes are a good place to start mate if there are places like that near you, I only went looking for my own rocks after watching MD fishtanks really early videos, that's what he used to do.
Stevie
Haha post me some rocks? There's a few places around, but I'm just not sure which rocks are safe and which aren't. Even with acid tests, etc I've still got some that looked fine (grey smooth rocks) then one split and it was bright orange down the middle and didn't think that'd be safe for the fish. Bit of a minefield of rockage!
Stevieglasgow
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Si4geckos wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 15:00 pm
Stevieglasgow wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 12:17 pm
Stevie
Haha post me some rocks? There's a few places around, but I'm just not sure which rocks are safe and which aren't. Even with acid tests, etc I've still got some that looked fine (grey smooth rocks) then one split and it was bright orange down the middle and didn't think that'd be safe for the fish. Bit of a minefield of rockage!
I'm no expert mate but I defo have a right good look at the rocks I'm taking, thats not to say that there isn't any discrpinses in the rocks I have but I have never had any problems with my water quality regarding any rocks I have used.
Stevie
Ruth
Posting Legend
Has liked: 733 times
Been liked: 1316 times

Lovely wee BN! You will love him - feed him courgette and he will love you forever!!
Stevieglasgow
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Ruth wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 17:41 pm Lovely wee BN! You will love him - feed him courgette and he will love you forever!!
Noted ruth thanks 😁👍