Fishtales Tank

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
SxAqua
Has liked: 486 times
Been liked: 353 times

Sorry to hear your having a bad week ! Hope you can get the ich under control and not have any other casualties 😕
Fishtales
Posting Legend
Has liked: 1064 times
Been liked: 471 times

Disclaimer, I am replying on my tablet. It takes me forever, I am rubbish without my computer :rolleyes:
Gingerlove05 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 18:20 pm Sorry for your losses :(
When you moved the filter off the 5ft (i’m assuming its the big tank), did you take the media out of it and stick it in the filter on the 5ft before putting the filter on the 120l?
Thats also gutting about the laptop :-/
Thanks GL.
Yes it was off the big tank. I used about two thirds of the media on the small tank that was in the filter I moved. The filter has a lot more room for holding media in the trays than the Fluval had. Plus the sponges specially for the Ocellaris filter seemed best kept in that filter. Maybe a mistake taking half of the Matrix and eheim substrat pro as well?

With the computer I am annoyed with myself cause I had no back up of files and pictures.
Ric wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 19:22 pm So sorry for your losses. Even more gutting seeing that you have a spacious set-up for the loaches, so they can really go wild.
Are you treating the ich? Is it helping to slow the spread?

Plus your filter and your laptop gone - big (social distance) hug!! Hope this was the low point now.
I have put the tank to 28 Celsius and am using Esha Exit. It's difficult though as I cant full dose the Clowns. Four of them look improved but one is still very poorly. The Rainbow shark and Sailfin pleco have no ich apparent on them now either, so hopefully it ihas stopped the spread. Thanks for the big virtual hug Ric :)
F3l1ss wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 21:26 pm I've spilt beer all over my PC before and managed to bring it round... are you sure it's dead? As long as you turn it off asap and let it dry should hopefully have been ok?
It showed up that it was missing files or something so wouldn't power up properly and said contact the Administrator? Then it just wouldn't start at all. No screen, nothing :(
Mito wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 21:41 pm Put it in a plastic bag with some rice and leave it for a couple of days. The rice will absorb the moisture. I had a mobile phone which fell into a swimming pool. A couple of days with rice sorted it completely.
I'll give it a go, would like to get my photos etc off it. Not very hopeful about it as I think I have now caused irreparable damage by trying to start it up repeatedly. But thanks I will give it a go :)
plankton wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:19 am Sorry to hear :(
Crushed garlic will boost the immune systems. Wait 10 mins after crushing to add to the tank, with the juice. Only use about half a clove for a big tank though.
Thanks plankton. Maybe it will help them deal with the meds better? I hope so, I am absolutely gutted to think I am likely to only have 4 survive.
Stephen wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:12 am Sorry to hear of your woes, fish & laptop related. :(

All the best

Stay safe & healthy everyone
Thanks Stephen :)
SxAqua wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:34 am Sorry to hear your having a bad week ! Hope you can get the ich under control and not have any other casualties 😕
Thanks SxAqua, 4 clowns look much better, but one still looked covered in ich with a top clamped fin lthis morning. The cory I have seen seem okay, but the ones I lost looked to be managing and then just died so hard to say with my cory.
Fishkeeping - 4yrs

Aqua One 405lt 5ft tank - Sailfin pleco, Rainbow shark, albino/bronze cory x 11, 7 x Clown Loach
Filtration 2 x Aqua One Aquis 1050 externals, 1 x Ocellaris 850 external

Juwel 120lt 2ft - 12 x Cherry Barb, 10 x Panda Cory, 1 x Albino Bristlenose Pleco
Filtration Fluval 205
Staffylover
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 2297 times
Been liked: 1968 times

Sorry to hear this fishtales, as always seem to get a 'bad run' of problems that come all together, hopefully you are at the end of yours now, so disheartening to loose fish but glad your big sailfin seems to be ok he's a stunner.
500l - Africa river - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6873
2x200l - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7790
Others - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewto ... =15&t=7411
(230L 6ft - Shallow stream
Roma 125l - Holding fish
Primo 70l - Limia Islai
40l/70L - Black- bellied Limia/Paradise fish.)
Fishtales
Posting Legend

Staffylover wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:11 pm Sorry to hear this fishtales, as always seem to get a 'bad run' of problems that come all together, hopefully you are at the end of yours now, so disheartening to loose fish but glad your big sailfin seems to be ok he's a stunner.
Thanks Staffylover. Yes I hope no more problems after this. I am very relieved about my Sailfin and Rainbow shark. I am gutted about the other fish, but losing either of those two would devastate me. I feel like everything I do with my tanks are always focused on my Sailfins needs so it would hit me hard to lose him.

I still hope to get the 7ft tank when these Covid restrictions lift and I find one. Of course it is all to benefit him and the Clowns, so it is upsetting to lose them.
Fishkeeping - 4yrs

Aqua One 405lt 5ft tank - Sailfin pleco, Rainbow shark, albino/bronze cory x 11, 7 x Clown Loach

Juwel 120lt 2ft - 12 x Cherry Barb, 10 x Panda Cory, 1 x Albino Bristlenose Pleco
Filtration Fluval 205
Fishtales
Posting Legend

I am think of keeping my tank temp at 27celsius once treatment is finished. I know this isn't great for the cory aeneus and rainbow shark, but it would only be for a few months till we get the bigger tank to move Clowns and sailfin to.

Looking more into it the Sailfin pleco he should be fine long term in a temp of 28 or even 29celsius. So I could keep him and the Clowns at that when they move.

So what do people think, could the other fish cope with 27celsius for a couple of months? They have usually been at about 25.5 and I think it may be to low for the Clowns.
Fishkeeping - 4yrs

Filtration Fluval 205
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5091 times
Been liked: 3436 times

The corys should be ok for a short while, not too sure about the shark.
I've never kept them personally. It will either be ok or it'll be more likely to get grumpy probably.
Fishtales
Posting Legend

plankton wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 15:54 pm The corys should be ok for a short while, not too sure about the shark.
I've never kept them personally. It will either be ok or it'll be more likely to get grumpy probably.
Great. I will keep an eye on the Rainbow, he should be easy to notice if he has any trouble with it. The Clowns arent as robust as my other fish, so hopefully a more comfortable temp for them will help :)
Fishkeeping - 4yrs

Filtration Fluval 205
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 3927 times

Sorry, late to the party again, clearing Dad garden & house week. :rolleyes:

So sorry you've lost your Corydoras & loaches to Ichthyophthirius. :cry:

What's wrong with your PC, any ideas?
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Fishtales
Posting Legend

Martinspuddle wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 20:19 pm Sorry, late to the party again, clearing Dad garden & house week. :rolleyes:

So sorry you've lost your Corydoras & loaches to Ichthyophthirius. :cry:

What's wrong with your PC, any ideas?
Thanks Martin :)

All I know is I spilt water on it and it froze (it wasn't even a lot of water). I dried it with a cloth, took the battery out to get it to turn off. Then when trying to power up, it whirred then went deathly quiet stuck on a black screen with Acer written on it. After about ten minutes the screen went blue with writing on it saying their were files or something missing :huh: . Instructing I would need to load them with a disc or usb, or contact the Administrator. Again had to take the battery out to get it to switch off. I repeated this several times, then decided to go to bed and try it in the morning.

My other half said when I was in bed it started beeping really loud and he had to hold the power button for ages to get it to switch off. Ever since I can't even get it to switch on at all, no screen, nothing.

The laptop is about 6 years old and just a cheap one (under £400). I just wanted my stuff off it, but I think it is all gone. Can't see anyway to get into it now :cry:
Fishkeeping - 4yrs

Filtration Fluval 205
Martinspuddle
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 3927 times

Fishtales wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 18:52 pm
All I know is I spilt water on it and it froze (it wasn't even a lot of water). I dried it with a cloth, took the battery out to get it to turn off. Then when trying to power up, it whirred then went deathly quiet stuck on a black screen with Acer written on it. After about ten minutes the screen went blue with writing on it saying their were files or something missing :huh: . Instructing I would need to load them with a disc or usb, or contact the Administrator. Again had to take the battery out to get it to switch off. I repeated this several times, then decided to go to bed and try it in the morning.

My other half said when I was in bed it started beeping really loud and he had to hold the power button for ages to get it to switch off. Ever since I can't even get it to switch on at all, no screen, nothing.

The laptop is about 6 years old and just a cheap one (under £400). I just wanted my stuff off it, but I think it is all gone. Can't see anyway to get into it now :cry:
Water and PC components don't exactly mix to well. :[ Have you got the Windows (I presume that's what your running) install program, it either came with it on a disc or USB drive, because that what it is asking for to try and repair it self, unless the hard drive was damaged by the liquid. All may not be lost yet, if the drive is still intact and working the data on your hard drive will be still there, it's just a case of retrieving it. If you can find a good PC repair shop locally they should be able to take out the hard drive and copy all the stored files for you.

The moral of the story is always back everything up. :H
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: