Cycling

The science behind successful fishkeeping.
Peter
Posting Legend
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times

Me too Vale!

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk
Vale!
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 1302 times

Crikey!

OK - I'll respond to S and to WBT (I'm interested in whether or not you find the style appropriate) but I'm afraid I'm taking down the 'vacancies' sign from the front window.

PMs inbound ...
Peter
Posting Legend
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times

Cool Vale! Will cast my "uneducated" eye over it for you. Expect some dumbarsed comments & Q's... [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk
Vale!
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 1302 times

Just popping in to let everyone know that I hadn't abandoned this!  I was interrupted by an event which demanded pretty much my full attention ; it's still active but occupies me somewhat less than it did!

Just before the 'event' I had actually become stuck on a particular issue - one to which you would think an answer would be readily available ; but it isn't, even via Google Scholar! It's to do with the 'plants in cycling' thing.  I tried to get in contact with an expert in the field who'd kindly helped me previously only to find that, in the interim, he'd left the organisation to which he was then attached.  But I think I may have tracked him down again this morning - I'm just waiting for confirmation that it is he! 

A link has now usefully appeared here to an ammonia calculator ; so I don't have to bother with graphs etc. Phew!  Further, I had planned in addition to my tortuous 'opinion piece'  a much-shortened version which would act as a sort of 'how to' guide. However I see that a similar text now exists in 'Guides and Resources' : I don't think my 'opinion-piece' will contradict much, if anything, in it though. 

Anyway, with a bit of luck I'll be able to make further progress soon.
PJN
Posting Legend
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Good to hear things are advancing :)
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1797 times
Been liked: 4261 times

Vale! wrote: A link has now usefully appeared here to an ammonia calculator ; so I don't have to bother with graphs etc. Phew! 
Took some tweaking to get the calculator to actually function on this forum but its here! :)

Look forward to the updates.