Serpae tetra scaring cories?

Tetras, Hatchetfish, Pencilfish, Other Characin Fish (Silver Dollar, Headstander, Leporinus)
MattHunt
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

Hi

Originally I had 5 Serpae in with 6 three striped Cory and all was fine.

I then rehomed 2 random Cory and all seemed good.

Then I lost 2 Serpae due to velvet so I restocked to 7 Serpae in total to prevent aggression.

Over the last 48 hours I have barely seen my Cory and they are sticking close to the cover of wood and plants.

Is it likely to be due to the Serpae? Would adding a few more Serpae help or should I rehome them?

Thanks

Matt

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Tank 1: Shrimp, 1 Oto, 10 Neon Tetra, a lonely Glowlight Tetra, 3 Panda Cory, a v.old Bamboo Shrimp. Plants.
Tank 2: 2 Blue Gourami, 5 Glass Cats, 3 Harlequin Rasbora, 2 Black Neon Tetra, a BN, 4 Five Banded Barbs (more coming ), 5 Kuhli Loach, 5 assorted cory, an SAE, and an indeterminate tetra.
PJN
Posting Legend
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

What's all the water parameters? Was any shop water added to the tank accidentally?
MattHunt

Hi

No we poured fish into net and then transferred.

Parameters: were to e but can retest for here.

Tank 1: Shrimp, 1 Oto, 10 Neon Tetra, a lonely Glowlight Tetra, 3 Panda Cory, a v.old Bamboo Shrimp. Plants.
Tank 2: 2 Blue Gourami, 5 Glass Cats, 3 Harlequin Rasbora, 2 Black Neon Tetra, a BN, 4 Five Banded Barbs (more coming ), 5 Kuhli Loach, 5 assorted cory, an SAE, and an indeterminate tetra.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

What are the "random" corys?
Unless the serpae have been pecking at them at feeding time, they should still be ok........
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
MattHunt

[quote="plankton" pid='8629' dateline='1523179016']
What are the "random" corys?
Unless the serpae have been pecking at them at feeding time, they should still be ok........
[/quote]I was told that they were a Delphax and a spotted. The Delphax could be correct but not the Spotted as per my other thread. However the two newcomers are in with 6 three striped Cory.

plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

New additions do tend to hide at first unless it's a large group at once. That may affect the ones that are already there, especially if there are other changes as well.
Give it a couple of weeks and see what happens.
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian