My tank take a look

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Chadders
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 40 times

Thought I'd post some pictures of my tank now I'm all up and running, ALSO share the exciting news that I've found my Amano shrimp after holding my catfish responsible for eating them they are there. :D ::thumb:: Not the best photo's but adequate I think.

Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5473 times
Been liked: 2683 times

I would’ve blamed the barbs, then the gourami then the platies before the catfish ;) :D
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

Nice looking tank.

Do keep an eye on your tiger barbs, though, in particular with your dwarf gourami. The barbs are known fin nippers for a reason.
Also, its not too clear on the pics but the grassy looking plants in the back may not be true aquatic plants but rather bog plants. As such they will just stay as they are for a while and then simply rot/disintegrate, fouling your water. Perhaps a clearer pic to identify those plants for sure would help? Or maybe you still have the label somewhere?
Chadders

Ric wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 15:18 pm Nice looking tank.

Do keep an eye on your tiger barbs, though, in particular with your dwarf gourami. The barbs are known fin nippers for a reason.
Also, its not too clear on the pics but the grassy looking plants in the back may not be true aquatic plants but rather bog plants. As such they will just stay as they are for a while and then simply rot/disintegrate, fouling your water. Perhaps a clearer pic to identify those plants for sure would help? Or maybe you still have the label somewhere?
I think you are right they haven't formed any roots and its more like a bulb at the end. A couple of the leaves have rotted too. I bought them from an ebay supplier. I'll probably pull them out eventually for now they don't seem to be causing a problem.

The barbs don't seem to bother the Gourami at the mo they've not lost any fin and I've never seen them having a go. They did bother the WCM to start with but even that's stopped and their tail fins have grown back nicely.
codheadjohn
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 126 times

What type of plant is that in the middle picture?
Chadders

codheadjohn wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 16:53 pm What type of plant is that in the middle picture?
The one with the single Barb in? Although TBH I've no idea. I chose a selection of low maintenance plants from LFS and ebay. I'm sure someone will know ::thumbu::