Wiggles tank

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
bhafc1
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Wiggles wrote: Ordered some amonia solution and the API master test kit last night so ready to start the cycle properly once they get here.

Water is now nice and clear (was a bit cloudy for the first few days with the new filter)

I'm looking at changing the top layer of the filter as the fluval came with carbon which I believe is good for removing impurities but is fairly short lived? So I guess it will have helped absorbing anything from the sand and plastic plants so I can replace it with something better at holding bacteria growth now.
Since you are not going down the live plant root where you add liquid Co2 and ferts i would personally leave the carbon in there. If you decide to remove it then Purigen is a good option.
bhafc1
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

By the way one of the best videos on Youtube about cycling your tank is from Aquagirl with the added bonus of her being really fit.
Last edited by bhafc1 on Tue Sep 03, 2019 23:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiggles
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 209 times

Got my API test kit today 

Tank is also looking a lot clearer now the filter has been up a running a few days. Hopefully the amino will be here tomorrow.

My provisional stock list is;

Bolivian rams 
Honey gourami
Marbled hatchetfish
Some undecided cory for the bottom
Wiggles

Wiggles

Got my amonia today so just trying to do the maths to work out how much to add  :huh:  working on the basis of 110L of water.

Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5460 times
Been liked: 2672 times

To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5460 times
Been liked: 2672 times

Just noticed its Dr Tims, just follow the instructions, its one of the BIAB that works :)
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1420 times
Been liked: 3420 times

[quote=Wiggles]
[/quote]

Tank is looking clean and clear. :)
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 13 x Cory caudimaculatus, 11 x Cory sterbai 50 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)