Operation Bankruptcy

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 864 times
Been liked: 1839 times

Two words mate: tank envy.
240L Fluval Roma with Oase 600 Biomaster: 1 German red bristlenose, 4 male cherry barbs, 6 standard rummynose, 3 golden rummynose tetra, 9 emperor tetra, 14 cardinal tetra, 2 hengeli rasbora, 3 nerite snails, 1 adult Sulawesi snail and multiple juveniles continually appearing.

Parameters: gH2, kH1, pH7.4 (tap).
Fish fiend since October 2017.
Suelo

Your tank looks amazing Kev.
scoobiemandan
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 20 times

Tank looks splendid. How have you connected the spray bar to the FX6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5091 times
Been liked: 3437 times

Nice tank Kev, looking forward to more rainbow pics. :)
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
KevB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 270 times

[quote="scoobiemandan" pid='3190' dateline='1517907427']
Tank looks splendid. How have you connected the spray bar to the FX6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote]

I got the parts for the spray bar here :
https://www.jtmplumbing.co.uk/pipe-fitt ... gLy7fD_BwE

The overflow pipe itself is the right size to make a spray bar from and a through connector (slightly wider so the overflow pipe fits inside it) is just the right OD to push in to the rubberised part that comes with the FX6 that the supplied FX6 outflow comes with. So you have a section coming downward out of the FX6 that the overflow pipe will snugly fit into. You then cut a short section of overflow pipe that comes out of the connector going downwards to the height you want the spray bar to sit at, then into an elbow joint (also available from same company) which then gives the 90 degree angle for the actual long spray bar to come out of (with holes drilled). I used 3mm diameter holes spaced 5cm apart.
The good thing was that these parts fit snugly enough that you don't get leaks of any size which means you can swivel the whole spray bar section once in place to angle the holes where you prefer. The spray bar is kept in place with a few clips on suction cups. The bit i had a problem finding was an end cap to fit into the open end. I eventually found caps of correct diameter in B&Q in the home build furniture section, they do end caps intended to finish off tubular framing for some furniture, unfortunately can't recall manufacturer but should be easy to find. Came in a bag of 4 for about 2 quid. Although it seemed apretty tight fit I did put a bit of aquarium friendly glue at the point th eend cap sat on the end of th espray bar. All parts available in black plastic with no screws or other odd bits in any of them. They also do T-pieces so if you were of a mind to do it and had the water pressure you could T off other sections to run downward to give angled flows in middle of tank which might be interesting.
KevB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

I picked up a few new fish recently. First I got a couple of M lacustris to keep my unidentified 'oddball' company as it also looks more like a lacustris than anything else, anyway here are the new ones (sorry its blurry, struggling to get good pics with the new tank):

I also picked up 3 M parkinsoni females as I have a couple more that, though not formally labelled in lfs, always looked like male parki's. I don't have photos of any of these yet and tbh they are a bit drab, just picked them up to keep the 2 boys happy thogh v little interaction so far.

Finally I managed to get a species I've fancied for a while but hadn't found at a realistic price before. So I give you.... Chilerathena bleheri
Here's a female (bought 3)

And here's one of the two males I picked up - handsome little fella isn't he?

Peter
Posting Legend
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times

Now they are gorgeous Kev. Must be well pleased with them.
Last edited by Peter on Tue Feb 06, 2018 20:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KevB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Surprised he's flashing his breeding stripe so soon after coming into the tank so must be settling in. The other male is actually a bit bigger but doesn't seem to be chasing the girls as much.
PJN
Posting Legend
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

They look really nice :)
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5091 times
Been liked: 3437 times

Some very nice rainbows there Kev. :)
If at first you don't succeed....