CO2 Liquid or gas?

BIGFISH

CO2 Liquid or gas?

Post by BIGFISH »

When I started setting up my new tank I was intending to use pressurised CO2 but given that none of the plants I have chosen are considered carbon hungry I am now wondering if I really need to spend £200 on a gas set up.I have seen various "liquid carbon" ( 2.5% Glutaraldehyde) products advertised and was wondering if they're any good and how do they compare with using pressurised gas.
The plants I have on order are Crypt's - Amazon sword - Vallis - Anubias -Juncus Repens - Bucephalandra and a couple of Tiger lotus.

Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CO2 Liquid or gas?

Post by Gingerlove05 »

The liquid co2 is mainly an algaecide as opposed to actual co2. I know crypts aren’t too fussed on too much of it, i have a feeling its either anubias or vallis is effected negatively as well if too much is used but i cant remember which (might even be both).
If they’re “easy” grow plants they might not need co2, my crypts have thrived without it :)

Martinspuddle
Posting Freak

Post by Martinspuddle »

BIGFISH wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 16:51 pm
The plants I have on order are Crypt's - Amazon sword - Vallis - Anubias -Juncus Repens - Bucephalandra and a couple of Tiger lotus.
I wouldn't both with either liquid or injected with that list. Just dose fertilisers daily, maintain weekly waterchanges and in a few months you'll see results. :H
VOTE FOR MARTINSPUDDLE ☑️
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have come to the conclusion over the years that all fish have a serious drink problem! :grin:

Pleco Fan
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner

Post by Pleco Fan »

In my own experience using Co2 approx 4 hours a day, Vallis grows fast, Crypts do ok, Anubias grow fast, Amazon swords do ok, Java moss grows fast. I'm also using ferts.

fr499y
Administrator
Administrator

Post by fr499y »

Thats crypts with no dosing of any kind and with a cheap basic light ( a lot of root tabs though! )

BIGFISH

Post by BIGFISH »

Looks good to me,what kind of root tabs are you using?

fr499y
Administrator
Administrator

Post by fr499y »

I'll find out later, i have a feeling they came free with some plants a while back. Small white tablets ( not the capsules that are filled with loads of little balls )