Flow and fish hangouts

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
John Arnold
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 22 times

Hi
I know you have to have good flow in planted tank but is it too strong so thst my fish hangout mostly in corner, pic attached, oase biomaster thermo 350

Usually in right hand colomn where flow is almost nought
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4261 times
Been liked: 3920 times

Not necessarily, I note they near the intake for your filter and fish are not daft as they know they're a little morsels of food and other debris been drawn in into the intake. Why start chasing after them when you can wait for them to come to you. ;)
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
John Arnold

Martinspuddle wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 22:16 pm Not necessarily, I note they near the intake for your filter and fish are not daft as they know they're a little morsels of food and other debris been drawn in into the intake. Why start chasing after them when you can wait for them to come to you. ;)
Yeah true i was just wondering, i prefer them to wander about more, maybe too much hardscape fir that, gonna rescape soon anyway
Fishtales
Posting Legend
Has liked: 1064 times
Been liked: 471 times

John Arnold wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 22:29 pm ...Yeah true i was just wondering, i prefer them to wander about more, maybe too much hardscape fir that, gonna rescape soon anyway
Why!? It looks beautiful :D You could try repositioning the angle of your outflow, to encourage the fish to move out of the corner.
Fishkeeping - 4yrs

Aqua One 405lt 5ft tank - Sailfin pleco, Rainbow shark, albino/bronze cory x 11, 7 x Clown Loach
Filtration 2 x Aqua One Aquis 1050 externals, 1 x Ocellaris 850 external

Juwel 120lt 2ft - 12 x Cherry Barb, 10 x Panda Cory, 1 x Albino Bristlenose Pleco
Filtration Fluval 205
Martinspuddle

Fishtales wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:25 am Why!? It looks beautiful :D You could try repositioning the angle of your outflow, to encourage the fish to move out of the corner.
Yeah I'll second that. Changing the direction of the flow from the lily pipe as Fishtales has suggested might well be an option. :]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Arnold

Fishtales wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:25 am
John Arnold wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 22:29 pm ...Yeah true i was just wondering, i prefer them to wander about more, maybe too much hardscape fir that, gonna rescape soon anyway
Why!? It looks beautiful :D You could try repositioning the angle of your outflow, to encourage the fish to move out of the corner.
Thanks i do try lots! Ha well yeah but worried it wont disperse the co2 well enough but im gonna rescape soon so worth a try
Cheers
John Arnold

Fishtales wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:25 am
Oh why rescape, well you get bit bored dont you and only way to improve is to keep scaping and i am bit obsessed and love creating, keeps me busy...and skint :)
Martinspuddle

John Arnold wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:12 am Oh why rescape, well you get bit bored dont you and only way to improve is to keep scaping and i am bit obsessed and love creating, keeps me busy...and skint :)
If you don't mind being 'skint' ...get another tank! :grin:
John Arnold

Martinspuddle wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:15 am
John Arnold wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:12 am Oh why rescape, well you get bit bored dont you and only way to improve is to keep scaping and i am bit obsessed and love creating, keeps me busy...and skint :)
If you don't mind being 'skint' ...get another tank! :grin:
Mmm yeah i got 5 tanks already and a few terrariums I just need more time really wish i could retire :s
Fishtales
Posting Legend
Has liked: 1064 times
Been liked: 471 times

Answer.....Nope ROFL

I am not that into scaping to be honest with you. I like my tank to look reasonable and mainly functional for my fish. I am still in the baby stages of getting more real plants to grow in my low tech tank :)
Fishkeeping - 4yrs

Aqua One 405lt 5ft tank - Sailfin pleco, Rainbow shark, albino/bronze cory x 11, 7 x Clown Loach
Filtration 2 x Aqua One Aquis 1050 externals, 1 x Ocellaris 850 external

Juwel 120lt 2ft - 12 x Cherry Barb, 10 x Panda Cory, 1 x Albino Bristlenose Pleco
Filtration Fluval 205