Feeding my Panda Corys

Suelo

I have a new group of 6 Panda Corys in my 64 litre, and I'm trying to find the best way of feeding them. I've read the Cory feeding guide, & I've got stuff that they like/should have. So, I have various frozen food and the high protein JMC pellets. I've also got micro worms for my other fish although I've not tried those yet. The Pandas are eating, but they are a bit slow off the mark, and the neon tetras and 4 platy that they are in with are like piranhas, and are overeating to an obscene degree. 

I'm putting in the frozen food with a turkey baster, whilst trying to distract the other fish. But they eat their own food within seconds, and then come down for the frozen as well. I've also put in some food just before I go to bed, but the other fish just woke up and joined in the feast.

Any other tricks for me to try? Or will they get the hang of feeding time soon enough & the neons can just pig out until then?
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1798 times
Been liked: 4266 times

could try some flake food for the fish and dump in some sinking pellets ( like the JMC's ) and hope the corys get some in before the fish go down!
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5086 times
Been liked: 3435 times

They'll get quicker when they realise what all the noise is about (opening the lid etc.). Meanwhile, you're doing all the right things. :)
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
DoubleDutch
Posting Legend
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 134 times

Crumble the food. Corys are designed by Mother Nature to find the tiny bits other fish don't mind.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk
Send from the Low lands.
Peter
Posting Legend
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times

All these Panda pix... So jealous...

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X704F using Tapatalk
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 863 times
Been liked: 1835 times

I think this is why one of my cardinals has swim bladder issues! Because I've been adding in extra frozen to make sure my Sterbai get enough.
240L Fluval Roma with Oase 600 Biomaster: 1 German red bristlenose, 4 male cherry barbs, 6 standard rummynose, 3 golden rummynose tetra, 9 emperor tetra, 14 cardinal tetra, 2 hengeli rasbora, 3 nerite snails, 1 adult Sulawesi snail and multiple juveniles continually appearing.

Parameters: gH2, kH1, pH7.4 (tap).
Fish fiend since October 2017.
PJN
Posting Legend
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

What about having some long tweezers to bury the frozen foods into the substrate?
DoubleDutch
Posting Legend
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 134 times

Overeating/feeding don't cause swimbladder issues to me. Only obesity.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk
Send from the Low lands.