VikingMummy combined tank logs

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 862 times
Been liked: 1832 times

So...did we go for the gourami or the ram?
Both! Acclamation in progress.
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 2670 times

Lol love the face on Remus :) he’s looking lovely.
I look forward to seeing he new ones you’ve got :)
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
Peter
Posting Legend
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times

Oooo both... cool. Excited to see some pix... [emoji4]
Kas

Good shopping trip then?! Looking forward to seeing more pics once they have settled in the tank. Where did you buy them from?
PJN
Posting Legend
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Remus  is begging for food :)
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner

Kas link wrote: Good shopping trip then?! Looking forward to seeing more pics once they have settled in the tank. Where did you buy them from?
We ended up going to the store in Dundee we originally planned to get all our stock from. We decided if there were any dodgy fish we'd leave it, but were happy they would be fine. The shop sometimes gets looked down on because the building is ancient and the tanks have probably been on the go since it first opened in the 60s. Same guy running it for donkeys years, with his daughter helping. They were giving out good advice and pointers, making sure we got the exact fish we wanted. So maybe not a swanky or shiny modern store, but that is the other store in town who just sold someone on local buy/sell out of date meds (as in November 2016) and she only checked the date after 27 of her fish died overnight!!!

Happy with our new boys. Acclimated over 2 hours by switching out a quantity LFS water with turkey baster and adding tank water with 5ml syringe. Roughly 400 syringes worth over the two bags!! Then I used the turkey baster to switch that out with larger splashes ofvtank water from my handy measuring jug (tank use only!). Then netted and released.

Jem, the pearl gourami has spent the afternoon lurking in the back corner. Womble the ram has been exploring the substrate and being investigated by the bigger cories. Both got their colours pretty nicely over acclamation, including the neon blue mouth for Womble. Looking forward to lights coming on shortly!
Kas

Just curious. My nearest fish shops are in Aberdeen but I don't think they are up to much and they're expensive. I usually go to Discovery Aquatics in Dundee. Never fancied House of Pisces due to some bad reviews I've read.
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner

Small world indeed! We are exactly halfway between. I highly recommend PASS aquatics in Aberdeen (where I got Remus). Discovery was where the lady got sold the dud meds and we weren't taken with their attitude. It was H.of Pisces we went today.
Sounds like we are very near neighbours!
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner

Jem is too shy for decent photos. But Womble is just....wow! 1 hour of lights on and this is him!
PJN
Posting Legend
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

He's very beautiful! I bet he'll color up nicely in the future.