Impromptu goldfish rescue

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your ponds.
Ruth
Posting Legend
Has liked: 733 times
Been liked: 1316 times

Yes Ric I do. Elodea are the bottom which is growing well now it’s spring and one the floats. There’s a lily in there which has about 4 leaves on the way and a couple of other ones that grow in summer. Then I have added 3 other grassy things.

Had to leave them there in the bucket (with lid) as dog groomer came an hour early to my mums garage!! Lol.

So standing out here in the drizzle while groomer is shut in garage with Lucy!

There are lumps and bumps all over the biggest fish. I don’t think they’ve had an ideal time of it!!
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4253 times
Been liked: 3917 times

Ruth wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:44 pm There are lumps and bumps all over the biggest fish. I don’t think they’ve had an ideal time of it!!
A lass, you got lumps? :grin:

Seriously, are they like the ones below?

If this what you are seeing these are breeding tubercles nodular structures often found on male goldfish. Nothing to worry about. :]

If not, most infections I use to find were easily cured with salt, but wait till the summer months before treatment.
Last edited by Martinspuddle on Wed Apr 29, 2020 14:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1789 times
Been liked: 4222 times

Was going to suggest salt as well. Does wonders for koi and goldfish :D
Ruth
Posting Legend

Martinspuddle wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 13:37 pm
Ruth wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:44 pm There are lumps and bumps all over the biggest fish. I don’t think they’ve had an ideal time of it!!
A lass, you got lumps? :grin:

Seriously, are they like the ones below?

If this what you are seeing these are breeding tubercles nodular structures often found on male goldfish. Nothing to worry about. :]

If not, most infections I use to find were easily cured with salt, but wait till the summer months before treatment.
Yes I think maybe that’s what they look like. Good to know thanks!
Ruth
Posting Legend

They are in!! I can see them exploring from the kitchen. It’s raining so I ain’t going out! Hope they live after all this. Can’t believe they were in such a small tank!!
Martinspuddle

Ruth wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 14:40 pm They are in!! I can see them exploring from the kitchen. It’s raining so I ain’t going out! Hope they live after all this. Can’t believe they were in such a small tank!!
They be fine. :]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martinspuddle

Well @Ruth though wind swept part of the world you live in and baring in mind the temperature has gone down a little so they might be a tad sluggish, how are their doing this morning? :sleepy2:
Ruth
Posting Legend

Martinspuddle wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:36 am Well @Ruth though wind swept part of the world you live in and baring in mind the temperature has gone down a little so they might be a tad sluggish, how are their doing this morning? :sleepy2:
Ah Thankyou! That’s good to know about the sluggishness - they are certainly enjoying a wee hidey hole they have found. All five came out to eat - even saw wee tiny Eli! As far as I can see they are fine. I hope I don’t kill them!
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

Now now @Ruth - how about a pic or two of them in their new home? ;)
Ruth
Posting Legend

Ric wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 17:18 pm Now now @Ruth - how about a pic or two of them in their new home? ;)
I was wondering when that would come!! I’ll see what I can do tomorrow when I feed them again to lure them out from under their favourite plant!

I have a video of their release that I shared with my class over Google Classroom, but darn it if I can’t get it on YouTube for ya!! Lol!!