Aquarium Decor, DIY and Equipment.
mrt
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 44 times

thanks again guys, learning every day.
mrt

so today i have decided to test that the tank holds water and it has not been long (3pm today), but so far so good.
never been so nervous in all my life haha.
thought i would make you all laugh and explain that i filled the tank just as my misses was doing us a sarnie so i came in to check when the grub would be ready and at the same time took the hose off the kitchen tap and dropped it back out the window as the tank was full.
i then ate my food and went out to check, nearly had a blimming heart attack as the water had dropped 2 inches or so.
hunted for a bad leak only to discover that when i dropped the hose out the window it had started a siphon.
getting tired now lol.

mrt

so after testing the tank held water it was time to check this all fitted together and trust my building skills haha.
water is a tad cloudy right now and i will take some better pics once the fish are in and its cleared up a little.
thank you for your help and advice i think it has gone really well for a first time build.
here are a few pics.

mrt

we are getting a gecko for the top as well.
Flex365
FOTM & TOTM Winner
FOTM & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 236 times

Tank looks absolutely Fantastic - well done 😃

You overcame many obstacles - persevered, emerged triumphant and you’ve built a spectacular tank ::clap:: ::clap:: ::thumb::
mrt

Flex365 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 18:33 pm Tank looks absolutely Fantastic - well done 😃

You overcame many obstacles - persevered, emerged triumphant and you’ve built a spectacular tank ::clap:: ::clap:: ::thumb::
thank you mate, it was hard but fun, also how can you expect to improve yourself in life if you do not step out of your comfort zone once in a while and try new things. :D ::thumbu::
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

It'll look great when its all put together :)
...and do I spy a second tank-in-waiting in the garden? ;)
codheadjohn
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 126 times

You've done a nice job. Should look great when it's all together.

Is a gecko at the top ok? I wanted to do something like that but read that the poo etc falling into the water can kill the fish.
mrt

codheadjohn wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 19:40 pm You've done a nice job. Should look great when it's all together.

Is a gecko at the top ok? I wanted to do something like that but read that the poo etc falling into the water can kill the fish.
looks like i will need to look into the gecko more then. thanks for the heads up.
codheadjohn
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 126 times

I'm not certain. And it wasn't a gecko I was reading about. But best to be sure before making a mistake. Just googled and found pictures similar so maybe you're good