My 40L nano

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5082 times
Been liked: 3435 times

Quite normal.
I have one who's normally all over the tank, but sometimes I can't find him and he'll be in the plants having a rest.
The guppies do look just about ready to drop.......have you got fry this morning from the front/top one? ;)
mattindevon
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 50 times

plankton wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:57 am My guppies love the flow, they even get in the flow when I pour fresh water in during the change....nutters!
My corys do that, it's great.
AquaEl 60x30x30: 7 x Male Guppy, 2 x Hillstream Loach, 2 x Albino Cory, 2 x Bronze Cory, 1 x Golden Eyed Dwarf Cichlid
jammedfool
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 301 times

No fry yet, but it can't be long!
The boys are hanging round lots too
40L nano
4x xiphophorus pygmaeus
Cherry shrimp
2x assassin snail

80L 'stairway'
4x Cherry Barb
10x X-ray tetra
4x Amano
1x Dwarf Neon Rainbow

20L Qtank
just java moss
jammedfool

Still no flipper flapper of tiny fins,

One girl is really squared up now so can't be long, we have a breeder box on standby to catch the fry this time, will be nice for the Mrs to see and we have the other tank which can hold a few even temporary if needbe (until I go get a third tank 😂)

Turned the the temp up 1° to 23/24 to see if that encourages anything. The Corys shouldn't mind for a day or so right? I'll drop it back to 22/23 if it makes no difference or if she drops.
I did stick the girl in the box for a bit when I thought she was gonna drop, but subsequently released when I saw better method is to catch the fry.

Need to identify why my ludwigia repens is doing so badly and yet growing roots up the stem...
Bacopa Carolina is doing well in both tanks, and java fern in this one seems to be sending roots out beyond the wood it is attached to??

Other plants before I forget:
limniphilia sessiflora a little leggy but growing
Egeria densa (I think) thick clump of it but a little yellowy and some algae growing on it I think

Also have a bladder snail infestation! Maybe the cause of the repens doing bad. May need to hire an assassin!
40L nano
4x xiphophorus pygmaeus
Cherry shrimp
2x assassin snail

80L 'stairway'
4x Cherry Barb
10x X-ray tetra
4x Amano
1x Dwarf Neon Rainbow

20L Qtank
just java moss
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 863 times
Been liked: 1835 times

My ludwigia is similar. Just seems to hang around looking nice but not doing much. No snails here and unlikely to be causing damage. I think ludwigia is just one of those labelled as easy but actually really needs co2 to take off properly.
I find different tanks grow different plants so clearly lighting plays a huge part. Hygrophilla has done well in my Flex but never lasted in the aborted 54L tank or the 29L. I don’t know if the couple of weeks with co2 maybe helped there? But the ludwigia in that tank hasn’t done a thing 🤦🏽‍♀️.

I love my aquatic plants but I don’t think they all love me back 🤣🤣
240L Fluval Roma with Oase 600 Biomaster: 1 German red bristlenose, 4 male cherry barbs, 6 standard rummynose, 3 golden rummynose tetra, 9 emperor tetra, 14 cardinal tetra, 2 hengeli rasbora, 3 nerite snails, 1 adult Sulawesi snail and multiple juveniles continually appearing.

Parameters: gH2, kH1, pH7.4 (tap).
Fish fiend since October 2017.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod

I don't play with the temperature for the guppies and they seem to have done just fine for 21 years. ;) :D
jammedfool

plankton wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:36 am I don't play with the temperature for the guppies and they seem to have done just fine for 21 years. ;) :D
What do you keep yours at?
Gotta keep it fairly low for the pygmeus right?
40L nano
4x xiphophorus pygmaeus
Cherry shrimp
2x assassin snail

80L 'stairway'
4x Cherry Barb
10x X-ray tetra
4x Amano
1x Dwarf Neon Rainbow

20L Qtank
just java moss
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod

22C, the pandas are in with the guppies, the pygmeus are in a different tank with gold and flame tetras.
jammedfool

Ok I might knock it back to what it was :)
40L nano
4x xiphophorus pygmaeus
Cherry shrimp
2x assassin snail

80L 'stairway'
4x Cherry Barb
10x X-ray tetra
4x Amano
1x Dwarf Neon Rainbow

20L Qtank
just java moss
jammedfool

Must be about 3 weeks plus since I noticed one female guppy squared up. She's not changed much the whole time other than possibly getting even bigger! Could she have dropped fry already and they got eaten immediately/overnight? I'm constantly checking!

Also having thoughts wondering about adding anything else... I like neo shrimp, but thinking about a completely other tank for that. Maybe something like a dwarf gourami.. or I could just be content and wait for the extra guppies!
Watching the new assassin snail in this tank bury himself is surprisingly fun though !
40L nano
4x xiphophorus pygmaeus
Cherry shrimp
2x assassin snail

80L 'stairway'
4x Cherry Barb
10x X-ray tetra
4x Amano
1x Dwarf Neon Rainbow

20L Qtank
just java moss