episode XLIV ...The Puddle farts again!

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4275 times
Been liked: 3923 times

So, carrying on from Old puddle, new house... following through and with sticky pants as ever, I thought I'd start a fresh or, sniff sniff maybe not for the new year of 2022. ::thumb::

Image Image
click to enlarge

This was May last year... to last month and onto today. :]
Martinspuddle wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 23:17 pm Decembers picture. :]

Double click to enlarge
Image Image Image
Double click to enlarge

Still having issues with Java Fern leaves, so I'm increasing the Easy-life Potassium dose for this next month to see if it makes any difference. Removing some Ancistrus fry might help too, destructive little 🤬. I might also move a couple of Cryptocoryne Usteriana plants to the black hole on the left.

Finally, with the garage finished and the silly season is out the way...

...Don't ask, pink, WHY? Mrs! 😱 😭

I have the quarantine tank set up and running. It's the old 120 litre four foot aquarium and before there are screams of what if the weather takes a nose dive, the new inmates in quarantine have all been provided with winter coats, woolly hats and hot toddy's. :grin: ...only the best animal care here!

Seriously, should be alright as I have a freestanding oil radiator set to come on below 16°C sitting by the aquarium and between the wall and the aquarium a inch thick polyfoam sheet covering the whole of the tank.

Image Image

But if things get really bad! :cry:

click to enlarge

I have a spare thermal copper tank insulating jacket and two extra heaters but I think it's very unlikely I will need them.

Seven months on since the start of this set up, time to increase the stocking. I now have 12 locally bred Cardinal Tetras, 6 Black Neon Tetras (to replace some of the old timers who have pasted on) six Endlers, two males, two adult females and two juvenile females. All seem to be doing well in the last 24 hours, just a course of Melafix to things in check.

Image Image Image

In case anyone's wondering, this tank is filled with 50% second hand used main Puddle water, 25% RO water and 25% mains tap water ...being Kent tap, it's probably been through @PaulVerrall aquarium a couple of times, with added fragrance of Cichlid poo! :grin:

A cupful of SUBSTRATpro filter media come directly from the Eheim Pro 600 +4, (replaced with fresh new SUBSTRATpro) some Vallis runners planted in glass moose jars from Tesco's and freshly purchased Guppy grass from flea-bay. New fish seem to enjoy the Chocolate moose. :]

Presuming Mr. Putin hasn't invaded, China started WW3 while Mr. Biden is still asleep, or we've all died of the Covid variant, don't miss next month exciting instalment! :H
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Amorvo1
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 109 times

This tank is absolute goals 😍
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5473 times
Been liked: 2683 times

Are you sure its just a qt tank?
Martinspuddle wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 18:15 pm

I wasn’t expecting the self portrait, I think the pink suits you :P
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
Martinspuddle

Gingerlove05 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 21:42 pm Are you sure its just a qt tank?
Yes why? :dodgy2:
Gingerlove05 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 21:42 pm
Martinspuddle wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 18:15 pm

I wasn’t expecting the self portrait, I think the pink suits you :P
And I might add @Gingerlove05 I had stand still there for the whole of 🤬 Christmas! :mad:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

4ft, a bit decorated, already got the equipment. I just suspect it will be more than a qt before long :)
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
Martinspuddle

Gingerlove05 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:14 am 4ft, a bit decorated, already got the equipment. I just suspect it will be more than a qt before long :)
I know what your thinking but no, and I know you expect a tank like the one below. I always quarantine with some live plants and decor.

Image courtesy of Practical Fishkeeping.
I will say I do plan for the young Ancistrus to be moved in afterwards to grow them out before shipping them on. ;]
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Martinspuddle wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:05 am
Gingerlove05 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:14 am 4ft, a bit decorated, already got the equipment. I just suspect it will be more than a qt before long :)
I know what your thinking but no, and I know you expect a tank like the one below.
Piranhas! ROFL
Like you I have put live plants in qt when its been up and running since i first got live plants.
I’m actually impressed your using a 4ft as a qt, it makes sense in my head to have a big(ish) qt as parameters should be more stable plus it also gives extra room for attitudes etc to be spread out a bit more, also more options on what you can quarantine :)
Staffylover
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 2291 times
Been liked: 1952 times

I am very impressed with this QT, mine is only 40l, I was thinking 60l might be better there would be less need for water changes but 60l won't fit in the space, now considering another 40l as overspill/ spare - maybe, never thought of doing plants in pots good idea that :)
500l - Africa river - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6873
2x200l - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7790
Others - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewto ... =15&t=7411
230L 6ft - Shallow stream
Roma 125l - Holding fish
Qubiq 60 - Dwarf Spotted Danio
40l/25L - Black- bellied Limia/Pygmy Sunfish
Martinspuddle

Bob the Bristlenose had disappeared. We hadn't seen him for over a week, then he reappears last night ...along with a lot of unruly children. 🤬

Click to enlarge

Give you idea of size this little chap on the front glass is around 10 mm in length.

Click to enlarge

If you enlarge this (sorry it's only phone image) top middle of the picture, you can see two more of the little blighters! Took this picture this afternoon after more cutting back, filter maintenance plus a waterchange and then yet more young appeared.

You can't see the rest of them in the picture but they are all over the bogwood. :dodgy2:
plankton wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:24 am Where are the other 250? ;) :D
Think we've found them now @plankton ...Bob is getting better at raising his young, more bloody holes in all my leaves! 😭

click to enlarge

It's no good, I'll have think about separating Bob and Betty. ...plans are afoot! :]
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5086 times
Been liked: 3435 times

Once they start........ ;) :D