Stores near Kettering

Found a LFS you rate highly? Post the details here.
jammedfool
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 301 times

Hi everyone,

I've got a bit of a mission tomorrow going to Kettering, so I was thinking about combining my trip to include a/some LFS visit(s).
I have in mind to visit aquarium gardens in Huntingdon... it's about 40mins extra journey, but shaves off 20mins of what would be a journey straight from home, and therefore somehow in my mind means I'd be missing an opportunity.
Are there any other stores you would recommend within a stones throw of this route?

40L nano
4x xiphophorus pygmaeus
Cherry shrimp
2x assassin snail

80L 'stairway'
4x Cherry Barb
10x X-ray tetra
4x Amano
1x Dwarf Neon Rainbow

20L Qtank
just java moss
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1789 times
Been liked: 4222 times

Kettering aquatics, turn left at the iceland junction ( with iceland on the right of you ) onto rockingham road, past sainsburys then take the left ( iirc ) and it’s on the corner. Small shop but very knowledgable guy who runs it. You won't find a better shop in kettering thats privately owned.
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner

Obviously you have Northampton Reptile & Fish Centre if you are going down the A5 towards Towcester and getting on the A43 back towards Northampton :) On the left before the Towcester roundabout, in the Bell Plantation Garden Center.
jammedfool

fr499y wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 14:59 pm Kettering aquatics, turn left at the iceland junction ( with iceland on the right of you ) onto rockingham road, past sainsburys then take the left ( iirc ) and it’s on the corner. Small shop but very knowledgable guy who runs it. You won't find a better shop in kettering thats privately owned.
Good to know thats worth going to, they are highly rated on google so I was going to have a look.
fr499y wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 15:42 pm Obviously you have Northampton Reptile & Fish Centre if you are going down the A5 towards Towcester and getting on the A43 back towards Northampton :) On the left before the Towcester roundabout, in the Bell Plantation Garden Center.
Yes this! TBH I'm only going that way because Google says it's fastest from Aquarium Gardens. And I'm only going there because George Farmer is always doing scapes etc... that and the store looks amazing!
I was going to check out Hobby fish in Milton Keynes too... 4 stores might be too much with the time I have in the afternoon but I think I'll give it a go! I might get to the Kettering one in the morning however...
It'll be good to know whats around, and maybe I'll find my X. pygmaeus on the off chance... though I'm not holding out much hope there!
40L nano
4x xiphophorus pygmaeus
Cherry shrimp
2x assassin snail

80L 'stairway'
4x Cherry Barb
10x X-ray tetra
4x Amano
1x Dwarf Neon Rainbow

20L Qtank
just java moss
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5447 times
Been liked: 2668 times

Kettering aquatics is my go to :)
They helped us out from the beginning after we got bad advice and got off to a bad start :)
I quite often pop over for any fish related stuff :)
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
BakerJoe
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 242 times

Aquarium gardens is awesome I bought all my hard scape there . Waterzoo in Peterborough is a fantastic shop too fish stock is great often mentioned in pfk
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5447 times
Been liked: 2668 times

Forgot there’s also a maiden head aquatics in Burton Latimer :)
Just round the corner from where i work and I’ve not been there :rolleyes:
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
SEANY PT
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 80 times

I know this is late but you also have Jaws at Willington just off the a421 by Bedford.

It's where I got my red eyed puffers from.

Hobby fish in MK is also worth a pop in if you are passing.
Just returned to the hobby ::thumbu::

Leddy XL 60 (72ltr), planted, CO2,
Carinotetraodon irrubesco (Red eyed Puffer)

TMC nano 30 - Snail breeder tank

Send me your pest snails......🐌🐡
jammedfool

SEANY PT wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 22:11 pm I know this is late but you also have Jaws at Willington just off the a421 by Bedford.

It's where I got my red eyed puffers from.

Hobby fish in MK is also worth a pop in if you are passing.
I'll try jaws and hobby fish too then! 5 should be enough shops haha! I'll have some good comparisons.. as long as they don't expect me to buy something in every store!
40L nano
4x xiphophorus pygmaeus
Cherry shrimp
2x assassin snail

80L 'stairway'
4x Cherry Barb
10x X-ray tetra
4x Amano
1x Dwarf Neon Rainbow

20L Qtank
just java moss
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner

Is hobbyfish up and running after it’s fire?