In The Shallows

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1792 times
Been liked: 4240 times

This will be a slow project, but info to follow later.
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner

Right so here we go!

60cm x 38cm x 20cm WxDxH display with a 60cm x 20cm x 20cm sump for filtration.

Lighting will most likely be the TMC T-Bar Colour that I’m currently using if I can find a nice way to hang it, if not then it’ll be the APS PLED if I can dim it.

Stocking is unknown at the moment as well as an eta of when it will be setup due to decorating.

Also depends IF it turns up in one piece and when!
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5454 times
Been liked: 2669 times

That is one shallow tank 😳 should be interesting.
Theme song? :D
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner

Haha! Haven’t heard that for years!!!

Yea I like my shallow tanks, the only thing is having to be careful with plant choices ( narrow leaves work best ). My current one is 8” tall too!

*update*

Well APS P-LED’s cannot be dimmed ( as I thought ) so that narrows the lightning down to a few options.
Maddie
Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 69 times

I have The Rasmus to thank for an avenue in my life that I would never have without them. Funny how life takes you down roads you would never have imagined.
Maddie
Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 69 times

I think a shallow tank would have been a wise choice for short arms me ….. alas I am clearly not wise.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5069 times
Been liked: 3427 times

....bated breath.... ;) :D
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner

Maddie wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 6:59 am I think a shallow tank would have been a wise choice for short arms me ….. alas I am clearly not wise.
I wouldn't recommend a shallow tank to people unless they are a bit more experienced. They are a lot harder to manage than you'd think :P
plankton wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:37 am ....bated breath.... ;) :D
Well I've sorted the lighting out. I'm sticking with the TMC T-Bar that I have, and I've ordered an MMS Rail along with the tank mount arms ( more like a bent coat hanger sold at a stupid profit ) which should be here by next week.

I'm kind of sold on the planting but might need a bit more consideration. I'm going to go low tech on this one so it will be Cryptocoryne species, Tiger Lotus in the center and possibly some pogostemon erectus growing emersed at the back. I've got a few plants in the current tank that can grow emersed, so I might setup a little grow tank while I wait :)
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 696 times
Been liked: 1686 times

fr499y wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:47 am
Maddie wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 6:59 am I think a shallow tank would have been a wise choice for short arms me ….. alas I am clearly not wise.
I wouldn't recommend a shallow tank to people unless they are a bit more experienced. They are a lot harder to manage than you'd think :P
plankton wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:37 am ....bated breath.... ;) :D
Well I've sorted the lighting out. I'm sticking with the TMC T-Bar that I have, and I've ordered an MMS Rail along with the tank mount arms ( more like a bent coat hanger sold at a stupid profit ) which should be here by next week.

I'm kind of sold on the planting but might need a bit more consideration. I'm going to go low tech on this one so it will be Cryptocoryne species, Tiger Lotus in the center and possibly some pogostemon erectus growing emersed at the back. I've got a few plants in the current tank that can grow emersed, so I might setup a little grow tank while I wait :)
Are tiger lotus nice and easy? I was think of getting one for my angel tank.
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner

Yup. Heavy root feeders but apart from that easy as they come. Mine did take about a year before it started doing anything which was strange, but its now split into 3 plants