Plant recommendation please

mikeyboy123
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 46 times

So, a quick update on the algae situation.

The anubias which was previously more central has been detached from the previous piece of bogwood and re-attached to two different pieces of bogwood over to the left of the tank in the less brightly lit zone. With the addition of two horned nerites, it is now pretty spotless, and the nerites are also keeping the front glass clean as well. In fact, I've upped my lighting period slightly to try and keep the nerites fed.

The java moss is still struggling for some reason and is also now infiltrated with some hair algae. I'm going to scrape it all of the bogwood and I have ordered some Xmas moss to replace it, so I'll give it another go with that.

The vallis and anarcharis are going a bit crazy as I was away all last week and haven't trimmed them in a while.

I'm changing the substrate this weekend to sand and am then going to swap the vallis and anarcharis around so that the anarcharis can grow across the water surface from right to left, with the vallis at the back. The vallis doesn't seem to grow much taller than the tank height whereas the anarcharis is needing very frequent trimming.

Hopefully, with the anarcharis occupying the water surface, it'll shade the new xmas moss a bit and prevent algae infiltrating the moss.

The clingfilm is on as a makeshift cover until I've made something better. The plants are frequently giving off bubbles of oxygen and I have an airstone on a timer so it comes on for 30 mins 4 times a day every 6 hours.