Is this Epistylis

Confusedpanda22
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

I'm a bit confused how to fix this, a few of my fish got white spots so I treated for ich with interpet. What prompted me to start treatment was the strange behaviour of my picture catfish, all day they are bunched up together against the front of the glass when normally the hide until the lights go off. I could hear auditable noises from them.

After the interpet I decided to salt the tank after researching in YouTube and I think that did help, catfish still doing there weird thing but a lot of the white spot is gone apart from on 1 Severum, who looks awful.

I'm not really sure what to do next, should I treat for ich again with medicine, if I do should I do a big water change to get the salt out? I've a 300l tanks, all water test have come back fine, I have two filters, one that came with the tank and a fluval fx4. I've ordered a wave maker today and an air pump as I think the water is getting moved around enough.

I have an Oscar, 3 Severum a green terror and the catfish. Green terror is a new addition 3 weeks old. The rest have been in the tank together for nearly 2 years.

black ghost
Posting Legend
Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 1391 times

Yes, it’s epistylis. Whitespot spots are bigger, and all the same shape and size.

Pictus are very sensitive to anything bad with the water. Maybe a water issue has them all stressed, which has brought on a bacterial infection that the epistylis is feeding on. The pictus won’t be liking the salt either…
I don't keep fish, I keep water. Water keeps fish.