Ph shifting

Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4253 times
Been liked: 3917 times

black ghost wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 20:05 pm
Martinspuddle wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 19:32 pm
Concerned about nitrification process slowing with a lower PH, so I removed a sample of aquarium water in a jar and I let it stand over night. Morning, testing showed a PH of 7.
Acid that evaporated? CO2? I kinda thought that was what you meant, that’s it’s not a “true” pH drop, but a reading of 6 still means 6....?
Don't no, aquarium was pH 6.2 yet the sample left overnight was a pH 7.0 by morning which lead me to believe that was the actual H2O reading without the Tropica soil.

Either way, once the aquarium had finished it's nitrogen cycle, the tank water pH had risen to 7.2 and stayed there. The GH and KH were 12 and 10 respectively.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Clem Fandango
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 12 times

Thanks to the input from everyone I leaned into trusting the tank to balance itself. It was quite an interesting journey. I added some chilli rasbora briefly while working on something else and so managed it daily and kept a bit of a log. They werent in long but I kept up the routine anyway. I am feeling safe in bringing that to an end now but in case anyone is interested in what that has looked like I thought I'd share my sheet.