Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1789 times
Been liked: 4222 times

It is, just martin forgot/didn’t know 😂
TheCookingViking1978
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

So this week is 2 weeks, I know it is still cycling but I assume.i still do a water change...do.people suggest 10 or 20%??

:blush:
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4253 times
Been liked: 3917 times

fr499y wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 19:40 pm It is, just martin forgot/didn’t know 😂
Bit of both, ...:swear: :swear: :swear:
TheCookingViking1978 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:02 am So this week is 2 weeks, I know it is still cycling but I assume.i still do a water change...do.people suggest 10 or 20%??

:blush:
You need to test weekly, pH, NO2, NH3-4, NO3, dKH and Specific Gravity level.

50% water change with new rock, using Reverse Osmosis water, making sure all the fresh salt is dissolved at the correct temperature and the testing SG level with Hydrometer. Remember the ocean is great water volume than your little glass box!

Puddle tip: For mixing fresh seawater, buy a beer & wine 30 litre fermentation bucket or ask your aquatic store if you can buy a used salt bucket, a cheap powerhead and 100 watt heater. Leave overnight to mix, test Specific Gravity level and temperature before using. :]

WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
TheCookingViking1978

Is it normal for nitrates and nitrates to increase post water change. All other parameters are fine, just a surge in the above. I will test again tonight, (full day post change).

Sorry for the newb questions
Martinspuddle

TheCookingViking1978 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:44 am Is it normal for nitrates and nitrates to increase post water change. All other parameters are fine, just a surge in the above. I will test again tonight, (full day post change).

Sorry for the newb questions
Nitrites you mean?

If the live rock not fully cured then yes, but I'm surprised there's no ammonia reading?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TheCookingViking1978

Hey all, went a bit awol. So been testing and monitoring and all bits are looking good nitrites 1, nitrates 5, pH 7.2 and salinity Bank where it should be, checked at LFS.

Added some pals to the tank and all looking happy.

Martinspuddle

TheCookingViking1978 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:18 am Hey all, went a bit awol. So been testing and monitoring and all bits are looking good nitrites 1, nitrates 5, pH 7.2 and salinity Bank where it should be, checked at LFS.

Added some pals to the tank and all looking happy.

Very nice, just two concerns...
TheCookingViking1978 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:18 am nitrites 1, pH 7.2
Should be ZERO and pH should at least 7.8 to 8.5

Seconded, for a nano reef it's over stocked, I take it you added all these fish at once?
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1789 times
Been liked: 4222 times

As above, also what type of blenny is that? Looks like an algae blenny from the eyes, but could be a dragonet which is also a bad idea in a fresh, small tank.

Also them damsels are utter 🫏 🕳️’s and best kept single or not at all 😂 looks good though!
Martinspuddle

You've not posted ammonia reading. I would be very surprised if the live rock is fully cured, judging from your post when you said you first got the rock, I cannot see how your aquarium would be fully cycled.

Currently, with the stock you have I wouldn't keep that many fish in anything less than a 180 litre aquarium.