Ye gods! :mad:

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Forum suggestion always welcome. All things non-fishy related.
Phil. P
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

I suggested to my consultant a way the hospital (Treliske) could save probably £100,000s p. a. He said it was so obvious, he would raise it at the next board meeting .......... where it would be ignored as he was only a consultant, not a manager.

I was to have blood tests before leaving in patients, I asked for all the things I was usually tested for to be done at the time as I knew that within a week or two my GP would ask for them to be done (my veins are difficult, it can take several attempts to get into them). No problem, that makes sense, I was told. Two weeks later my GP asks for blood tests. I've anticipated that, I said, I had them all done. Oh, that was in hospital - we haven't access to those results, you need to get the tests done again.

My neighbour was sent to Penzance as Barncoose couldn't deal with him. He got to Penzance, where the consultant couldn't deal with him because his nurse wasn't qualified to do the particular dressing, so he was told to make another appointment ........... at Barncoose. He went to the appointment at Barncoose where he was sent to Treliske.

It's not just underfunding, it's poor management.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5063 times
Been liked: 3426 times

As I said, no clinical experience in management... ;)
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian