Buying Vallisneria?

Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4260 times
Been liked: 3919 times

Flex365 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:09 am
Martinspuddle wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 15:50 pm Vallisneria, make sure you feed regularly @Flex365 otherwise it will soon die off.

I struggled for years to get it to grow until I started daily dosing. :]
@Martinspuddle - I've got aqua soil at the bottom of the tank, will this provide enough nutrients or will extra dosing be required for growth and what product was you dosing with ?
You can try but I found the Vallis go brown and die off over time.

What you have to remember is this plant is found in flowing rivers or streams with a constant supply of nutrients.

Once established this plant should come with a warning, 'cos oh boy, can it grow!
fr499y wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 14:06 pm I'm ripping mine out again as algae seems to be taking over the vallis.
Nutrient level to low, hence algae growing on the leaves @fr499y.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1792 times
Been liked: 4240 times

Nah nutrience are fine, I accidently transfered some BBA into the tank but it's getting a massive strip down and starting again in a few weeks.

Tiger is red, nana is thinner and shorter, Giganthea is thicker and longer, jungle is hell to control as it seems to grow stupidly quick.
Martinspuddle
Has liked: 4260 times
Been liked: 3919 times

fr499y wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:56 am Nah nutrience are fine, I accidently transfered some BBA into the tank but it's getting a massive strip down and starting again in a few weeks.
Slaps froggy for transferring nuisance algae into display aquarium. C- ...must try harder and concentrate on what he's doing! :grin:
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: