New to the forum, but not new to fishkeeping

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Pagodaswan
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 12 times

Thank you for the acceptance into the forum

I have been into fishkeeping since childhood, several decades ago, I enjoy the company of fish and watching their antics (even if they do wake me up at 2 in the morning with their breeding shenanigans)

Currently (for the last 4 years and for the next 2 days) I have 5 medium sized aquariums with a variety of finned comedians, all tropical.....too much of a coward to try marine

This Sunday everything will change as I finally discovered a supplier of larger sized aquariums that deliver to the door and not the curb. So a nice 200 litre Diversa aquarium & stand is coming Sunday morning :)

The new aquarium is 100cm long x 40cm wide x 50cm tall and is made from 8mm thick Guardian float glass.

My finned comedians will wonder what hit them when they get into so much space :swim: :swim: :swim:

In order to transfer everyone into their new home I shall be moving 2 of the heaters, 1 of the filters, 1 of the GKMs, most of the hardscaping, moss balls and wood across to the new aquarium plus around 100 litres of water from the existing aquariums topped up with fresh water. Next week I shall be purchasing a spraybar extention from Germany for the filter to enable better and more consistent filtration and aeration, I also have a 34cm long blue LED airwand which will be installed along the rear wall. I use Aquael Turbo 1000 filtration (rated to 250 litres) - unsure on whether to install two filters or one, will wait and see how one handles the aquarium first and then decide. I use JBL S Pro 100w heaters, so definitely two will be installed, one at each end of the aquarium. The GKM will be installed opposite end to the filter and will only be in use when required, not fulltime.

I also have to move my desk and a couple of display units too....so that is tomorrow's job :woo:
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1802 times
Been liked: 4288 times

Welcome to AF-UK

sounds like fun to be had :D I usually stick with one filter as I like the simplicity :D
Pagodaswan

fr499y wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:05 am Welcome to AF-UK

sounds like fun to be had :D I usually stick with one filter as I like the simplicity :D
Thank you for the welcome :)

I am 95% that I shall stick to the one filter, using two could be a faff......however should the one 1000 struggle I can always upgrade to the 1500 or 2000 and just transfer the noodles etc across from the 1000. I am also considering going with a solo 300w heater instead of the two x 100w. The first few weeks after transferring everything over will be a "watch and see" sort of thing I think. I don't believe anything will struggle but at the same time I have alternatives available should it happen.

The 200 litre is my first "big" aquarium, so a bit of a learning curve on how its going to react and how well my existing equipment will cope.
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 3927 times

Greetings :] & welcome to AF-UK

One filter, far easier. ;]
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Pagodaswan

Martinspuddle wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:41 am Greetings :] & welcome to AF-UK

One filter, far easier. ;]
Thank you :)

Yep...definitely becoming more convinced on the solo fiter....had enough of the faff with 5 of them, I am all for the easier life ;)
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5479 times
Been liked: 2684 times

Hello and welcome to AF-UK :)
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5091 times
Been liked: 3436 times

Welcome to the forum. :)
Staffylover
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 2297 times
Been liked: 1968 times

Hi and welcome :) I know what you mean about tank delivery, think I have been lucky, my local Maidenhead used to be very good about this, but they are not all so helpful, it will be good to see the progress of your new tank if you have time to post pictures :)
500l - Africa river - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6873
2x200l - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7790
Others - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewto ... =15&t=7411
(230L 6ft - Shallow stream
Roma 125l - Holding fish
Primo 70l - Limia Islai
40l/70L - Black- bellied Limia/Paradise fish.)
Pagodaswan

Thank you all for the warm welcome :)

@Staffylover - yes the new project has me both excited and daunted tbh.

First large aquarium which is the exciting part, the daunting bit will be once I have transferred the water and hardscapes etc from the other aquariums cos then its fish catching time and my lot are not ones to sit and stay when asked :D

The aquarium, stand, hood/LED and mat setup is this one..

https://mbstore.uk/product/budget-with-lid-200/

The price and the fact that they will deliver it properly is what caught my eye. I have read their reviews too and although you do have to take every review with a pinch of salt, they do appear to be very consistently good.
LookoutTrout
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 337 times

That looks like a good buy, my only worry is that the stand arrives flat packed so I assume the driver won't be there to lift the aquarium onto the finished stand.