Plastic hidden in aquarium

SPACKlick
Posting Legend
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 412 times

Not sure this is the right subforum but I couldn't work out where it fit.

Last night I was freezing some frozen thawed food. I didn't notice the corner of the plastic packaging came off with the food. I didn't notice this infact until i dropped the strained food into the tank. When I went to grab the plastic that was floating on the surface I knocked it into the filter outlet flow and it shot off round the tank.

I have spent an hour last night and 20 minutes this morning searching for it and I cannot see it. It's less than 1cm in any direction and transparent. I think it's among the bases of my plants in one of two locations, how do I search for invisible spiky plastic without uprooting them all or stressing the fish?

I was hoping that overnight it would have made it to my filter intake sponges but nope, no sign of it under torchlight this morning. I don't know how concerned to be.
250L: Tank Log
2 female Bristlenose Pleco, 24 Cherry Barbs 7M:17F, 4 Reticulated Flying Foxes, 17 Neon Tetra, 15 Lemon Tetra, 11 Yellow/Orange Cherry Shrimp, 1 Zebra Nerite Snail, 3 Olve Nerite Snails, 4 Horned Nerite snails, 25 Amano Shrimp, Many Malaysian Trumpet Snails - AqAdvisor
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 696 times
Been liked: 1686 times

I wouldn't worry too much, from your signature you don't have anything likely to eat it. it will show up I'm sure!
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper