Tetras

Tetras, Hatchetfish, Pencilfish, Other Characin Fish (Silver Dollar, Headstander, Leporinus)
black ghost
Posting Legend
Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 1391 times

Far too many to choose from. I’ve never kept any of the ‘new’ species in the hobby, so some of them would be nice. I have a huge soft spot for Glowlights, and I’d like to keep Penguins again. Dunno about together though.
I don't keep fish, I keep water. Water keeps fish.
Errbill
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 41 times

I got asked the question the other day from a fellow hobbyist I work with and I thought I’d put it out there as I also had so many answers for him.
Currently keeping lemons and Colombians but definitely trying others in the future.
SPACKlick
Posting Legend
Has liked: 399 times
Been liked: 412 times

I gotta ask, because I was suprised by mine, how yellow are your lemons and how long have you had them?
250L: Tank Log
2 female Bristlenose Pleco, 24 Cherry Barbs 7M:17F, 4 Reticulated Flying Foxes, 17 Neon Tetra, 15 Lemon Tetra, 11 Yellow/Orange Cherry Shrimp, 1 Zebra Nerite Snail, 3 Olve Nerite Snails, 4 Horned Nerite snails, 25 Amano Shrimp, Many Malaysian Trumpet Snails - AqAdvisor
Staffylover
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 2280 times
Been liked: 1946 times

I currently have Serpae with Black phantom in the Pantanal theme tank, this is working well, the Serpae stand out more with the bolder colour and behaviour, the phantoms only get noticed if I sit and watch the tank, I would like to try Buenos Aries but nervous of their plant munching reputation,
I have Penguin Tetra in the stream tank which are lovely, but the Costae Tetra they are with will be getting moved if I can ever catch them as they don't appreciate the flow in the way the Penguin's do, wishing I could afford the redfin penguin tetra, they look lovely but will have to wait for the price to come down as of course they need to be in a group,
I love Glowlights, but they are currently mixed with other fish not tetra's, same with the Glass Bloodfin one of my all time favourite fish but currently with Harlequin/ Espei Rasbora and Gourami, both are quite shy Tetra but really pretty in a subtle way, they would go well with the Phantoms I expect as these are also gentle/ shy fish :happy:
500l - Africa river - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6873
2x200l - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7790
Others - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewto ... =15&t=7411
230L 6ft - Shallow stream
Roma 125l - Holding fish
Qubiq 60 - Dwarf Spotted Danio
40l/25L - Black- bellied Limia/Pygmy Sunfish
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1419 times
Been liked: 3416 times

Errbill wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 14:43 pm I got asked the question the other day from a fellow hobbyist I work with and I thought I’d put it out there as I also had so many answers for him.
Currently keeping lemons and Colombians but definitely trying others in the future.
Red Phantom Tetra (Hyphessobrycon sweglesi)
They require the same tank temperature as your Lemons & Columbians, 20-28C

425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 11 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)