What to do?

Just started on your fishy adventures, ask for help in here.
Voylike
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Just a quick in guys, do I trim this back to where it is healthy again at the bottom, and if so why has it gone like that in the middle? Thanks
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1791 times
Been liked: 4240 times

looks like algae or diatoms which can happen if the tank is new or there isn't enough flow in that area of the tank.
John Linklater
Has liked: 250 times
Been liked: 90 times

Rub them with your fingers gently and see if it comes off. I had a similar thing with that plant (sessiflora I think it’s called) and it was some sort of algae that came off. Be careful though because if you do it too hard the leaves will come away.
SPACKlick
Posting Legend
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 412 times

As the leaves at the top grow they shade the lower leaves which will then be perfect locations for algae. Depending on the rates of growth and flow in your tank you can either clean the leaves or trim and replant the tops and compost the middles.
250L: Tank Log
2 female Bristlenose Pleco, 24 Cherry Barbs 7M:17F, 4 Reticulated Flying Foxes, 17 Neon Tetra, 15 Lemon Tetra, 11 Yellow/Orange Cherry Shrimp, 1 Zebra Nerite Snail, 3 Olve Nerite Snails, 4 Horned Nerite snails, 25 Amano Shrimp, Many Malaysian Trumpet Snails - AqAdvisor
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4259 times
Been liked: 3919 times

Not powerful enough lighting and nutrient deficiency are the usual reasons stem plants do this, allowing algae to take hold on the weaker part of the stems.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: