Return of the SPACK - Tank Log

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Unalome
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 222 times

Looking great Spack!
54L | Dark Start Tank | Tank log
250L | Rainbow Utopia Tank | Tank log
Staffylover
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 2280 times
Been liked: 1946 times

This looks amazing! Especially impressed by the centre carpet, well the whole tank is pretty impressive TBH :upsidesmile:
500l - Africa river - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6873
2x200l - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7790
Others - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewto ... =15&t=7411
230L 6ft - Shallow stream
Roma 125l - Holding fish
Qubiq 60 - Dwarf Spotted Danio
40l/25L - Black- bellied Limia/Pygmy Sunfish
SPACKlick
Posting Legend
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 412 times

The dwarf sag basically died off, I replaced it with a hairgrass around May and the second that established the dwarf sag was like "I'm not letting that leggy nonsense take my spot" and bloomed into something denser and taller than I thought possible for it.
250L: Tank Log
2 female Bristlenose Pleco, 24 Cherry Barbs 7M:17F, 4 Reticulated Flying Foxes, 17 Neon Tetra, 15 Lemon Tetra, 11 Yellow/Orange Cherry Shrimp, 1 Zebra Nerite Snail, 3 Olve Nerite Snails, 4 Horned Nerite snails, 25 Amano Shrimp, Many Malaysian Trumpet Snails - AqAdvisor
SPACKlick
Posting Legend

Not much new going on in the tank. All my mental focus at the moment is on what Mrs Lick has dubbed "UberTank" which is planned for 2026 or maybe even further out.

One of my nerites doesn't seem to like cuttlebone, never see them near it and their shell is looking thin in places. I'll have to find another way of getting the poor thing calcium and carbonate.

I mentioned in another thread not recommending freeze dried food but I do still use it because I have a tub and I'm loathe to throw it away. Well the cube I've been hydrating since yesterday seems full of sediment

The other reason for the post is I put my back out doing some cleaning for guests coming for Christmas and spent a very pleasant half hour looking at the tank from an angle I don't often appreciate and figured I'd share.

2 female Bristlenose Pleco, 24 Cherry Barbs 7M:17F, 4 Reticulated Flying Foxes, 17 Neon Tetra, 15 Lemon Tetra, 11 Yellow/Orange Cherry Shrimp, 1 Zebra Nerite Snail, 3 Olve Nerite Snails, 4 Horned Nerite snails, 25 Amano Shrimp, Many Malaysian Trumpet Snails - AqAdvisor
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5068 times
Been liked: 3427 times

Hope your back sorts itself out....
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4258 times
Been liked: 3919 times

SPACKlick wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 16:29 pm I mentioned in another thread not recommending freeze dried food but I do still use it because I have a tub and I'm loathe to throw it away. Well the cube I've been hydrating since yesterday seems full of sediment
Noting from you thread 'Future Aquarium Stock Advice' don't use freeze dried foods with Black Ruby Barbs.

WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
SPACKlick
Posting Legend

Been a light couple of months, currently rearranging the plants to try and have the water clover as a lawn because I'm not enjoying the maintenance of the current lawn. As a result the cherry shrimp are being more secretive and I see them far less. All the fish are pretty happy. Nerite snails are looking a little calcium light so there's extra cuttlebone all over the tank for them.

I'm having a bit of an algae issue as I rebalance phosphate and iron dosing but it's nothing unmanageable. Anyway enough chat, pictures!

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage